Renewal by Andersen® of New Mexico can install some of the most energy-efficient replacement windows today. Our secret lies in the advanced window technology present in our insulated glass packages. In this two-part blog series, you’ll learn all about the technology behind our glass packages and the benefits they can provide your home. Here’s what makes our windows different:
- Argon Gas Blend – As a specialist in window replacement, we use windows with a viscous and slow-moving argon gas blend between the windowpanes. This special gas blend minimizes convective currents within the window and reduces heat transfer. This makes our window more thermally efficient.
- Dual Seal – Renewal by Andersen complements this insulating gas with a precise sealing process for our windows. During manufacturing, they make sure to remove the Low-E coating around the embedded glass edge. This makes sure the sealant adheres to a clean surface. They also use two sealants: specially formulated silicone and compressed butyl. The seals around our windows are durable and robust.
- Double Glazing – The distance between the two glass panes can have an effect on your window’s energy efficiency. As an expert window contractor, we provide windows that have the optimum space between glass panes for exceptional thermal performance.
- Spacer – A strong stainless steel spacer keeps our insulated glass unit stable. Renewal by Andersen uses stainless steel because it is stronger than aluminum, allowing for a thinner spacer. These steel spacers resist heat transfer better than aluminum spacers, making your windows more energy-efficient.
- Glass Coating – Lastly, our windows feature spectrally selective multi-layer low emissivity coating. This coating reflects unwanted heat, keeping your home cool in summer and warm in winter. This, in turn, reduces the workload on your utility systems and reduces energy consumption. Depending on your home’s location and climate, our windows can save you up to 25% in your energy bills.
Thanks to our dual seal, argon gas blend, low-conductivity spacer, and glass coating, your windows will be able to reduce your home’s energy consumption. In addition, Renewal by Andersen windows feature custom-measurements and our exclusive Fibrex® material frames. These greatly reduce the risk of air leaks or energy loss. We serve many areas, including Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe. Call us at (505) 273-2815 to learn more about our products and services. You can also ask for a free estimate.